October 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PDT
Democracy Circle: To Talk About the Threats and Solutions to Our Democracy
Republicans, Independents and Democrats interested in supporting Democracy.
Date: Saturday, October 30
Time: 2 PM-3:30 PST
Location: Zoom URL with registration
More questions, email: EdwinRutsch@gmail.com
By the Center For Building A Culture of Empathy https://www.empathycircle.com
We recognize we may have differences about issues but we are coming together, to talk about the present threats to our democracy. How can we make changes that will protect against attacks and strengthen the fiber of our democracy?
THE FIRST MEETING
- Bringing together a group of politically diverse individuals that would be interested in discussing and taking action to protect and strengthen democracy
- Supporting discussion through the structure of a Democracy Circle Format
Reaching consensus regarding actions that can be taken together
- Introduction of the democracy circle approach-watch instructional 6 minute video
- Meet and greet fellow participants through a brief greeting to group including political leaning, where you reside, and interest in participating
- Break up into groups of 5 and discuss what attacks on democracy you have observed, or heard about, that have caused you to want to attend the meeting
- Summation of any insights from each individual
- What are your concerns about the present state of democracy?
- What are your feelings about the impact of social media on democracy?
- What are your thoughts about the role of education in promoting and protecting democracy?
- What are some specific steps and actions that can be taken to protect and strengthen democracy?