June 3 @ 10:00 pm - 11:30 pm EDT
A Clubhouse Dialogue on Civic Season: A New National History Project
This week in the popular Clubhouse room History Club, we welcome the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History and the “Made By Us” project for an announcement of a new national history project, the Civic Season. Civic Season is a new initiative that seeks to form an inclusive national narrative using historical understanding, and invigorate civic participation and civil dialogue. Using a Socratic Dialogue format, we’ll invite you to share your ideas about how to re-imagine a national Civic Season between June 19th and July 4th using history. All are welcome! The event will be recorded. In partnership with Civics Unplugged.
Questions we’ll explore:
- Is “We the People” possible without ALL the People?
- What could a more inclusive national history look like?
- How might a Socratic Dialogue format support inclusive history?
- What is the role of lived experience in understanding our national history?
- What activities could a Civic Season include?