April 27, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
American History and Culture in Education
Tired of conversations about issues of our time that turn ugly and divisive? Join us in this guided dialogue experience. Practice listening and empathy skills that lead to peaceful discussion.
In this session we invite participants from across the political spectrum to share views on “American History and Culture in Education”. In preparation, participants are encouraged to contemplate their views on related issues such as:
· Parental control over educational content vs. teacher discretion
· Human rights abuses in American history
· Inclusiveness vs. alienation & shaming
· Age appropriateness in the classroom
· Banning inappropriate books and materials
Watch how commonalities begin to transcend differences when we take care to understand each other and honor dignity.
This event is part of the fifth annual National Week of Conversation organized by the #ListenFirst Coalition.