January 18 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm CST
American History & Culture in Education
Tired of conversations about issues of our time that turn ugly and divisive? Then join us in this guided civil discourse experience. Practice listening and empathy skills.
This session invites participants from across the political spectrum to share views on “American History and Culture in Education”. In preparation, participants are encouraged to contemplate their views on germane issues such as:
• Parental control vs. teacher discretion over educational content
• Human rights abuses in American history
• Inclusiveness vs. alienation & shaming
• Race and gender identity issues in education
• Age appropriateness in the classroom
• Censorship of books and educational materials
Watch how commonalities begin to transcend differences when we take care to understand each other and honor dignity.