April 30 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm EDT
Deal with difficult disagreements
Deal with difficult disagreements – read the room and act constructively.
Quick, but effective, interactive seminar teaching professional listening and interview skills to improve your solutions to disagreements
OBS Meeting ID and password is stated in the event description when you register at Evenbrite. ANY problems with log in, please call 202 999 7060)
There is no “fits all sizes” solution to a disagreement or peacefully discussing conflicting views. Knowing how to read the room – and people – and acting with kindness /adeptness are key. This interactive course will address the most common mistakes we make when we are in disagreement. You will learn a few therapeutic approaches as well as professional interview techniques.
Join this interactive seminar to get some tips and learn from a professional interviewer and former broadcast anchor how you and your partner(s) can engage in more constructive conversation and debate – whether it is within your family, organization or community. We will also look at how to disentangle and ease up conflicts in your everyday life.
- How to stay clear of your own emotional baggage and biases in conversations.
- Know your own boundaries and trigger points.
- Using professional techniques used by journalists and therapists, how to engage other people and how to keep them on track, honest and trusting..
- How to make people open up and lower their defenses.
- How to stop seeing opponents as enemies.
- Assessing levels of hostility, trust/mistrust in others
- How to look for the personal backstory to whatever political standpoint you may encounter. And how to productively use your insights to gain better raport with your discussion partner.