November 19, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
Family & Politics
The holidays are here. But that means that you’ll be sharing important time with family members. Some of them don’t share your political beliefs. Family relationships can become casualties of a toxic political environment. Family members are having bitter political arguments, avoiding each other, or even cutting off lifetime relationships.
If you want to preserve important family bonds while still being true to your values and political beliefs, this workshop will offer you:
- Insight into why family differences over politics are uniquely challenging
- Recognition of common roles that family members play in political conversations
- Strategies and skills for handling family political differences in a constructive way
Although the focus is on family relationships, you can use learnings in this workshop with any loved one. You’ll laugh and have some fun in this workshop—it won’t be all serious. After all, we all come from quirky families.
This is a two-part workshop combining an eLearning module and an online, interactive workshop offered over Zoom.
- Part one consists of a 40 minute, eLearning module. You will complete this online before the workshop.
- Part two is the interactive online workshop where you will be guided in practicing listening and speaking skills.