April 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm PDT
Interfaith Empathy Cafes: Bridging Divides
We are hosting a series of Empathy Cafes with interfaith leaders and community members on the topic: How might we bridge social, religious, and political divides in our communities?
Come share ideas, insights and actions to bridge our differences. These Online Empathy Cafes are open to all faith-based (and no faith tradition) communities. Everyone is welcome to participate.
* Saturday, April 9,
* Sunday, April 24, Part of National Week of Conversation https://tinyurl.com/bddbtc6k
* Saturday, April 30, Part of National Week of Conversation
* Saturday, May 7
* ETC. “
TIME: 1pm PT/4 ET (2 hours)
LOCATION: Zoom https://zoom.us/j/9896109339
DROP-IN: No RSVP needed, just drop in as you can. Do come on time since the room will be locked after the circles start.
RECORDING: the cafes will be recorded for documentation, education and promotional purposes.
- Personal, social, religious and political conflict and polarization are tearing our families, communities and country apart.
- Diversity and differences can be constructive, unless we get in the habit of not listening to “the other side.”
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Learn constructive dialogue practices that your faith-based community can use for personal support, conflict resolution and community building.
- Learn how faith communities and families can create sacred space to share whatever is alive for you (i.e, what is on your mind and heart.)
- Share best practices in supporting families in your communities.
- Share resources for interfaith contribution to civic cohesion, harmony and well being.
- We will use the Empathy Circle practice for the dialogues in small break out groups. An Empathy Circle is a structured listening process that effectively supports meaningful and constructive dialogue.
- We will document our discussions. They will be recorded and transcribed.
- Participants will write up and refine notes in shared google docs for each dialogue and create documents to share with the wider world as we help create a culture of empathy.
Review the HOW TO EMPATHY CIRCLE process http://bit.ly/EC-How
Empathy Circle. https://EmpathyCircle.com
1. What is an Empathy Circle? http://bit.ly/EC-WhatIs
2. Why Participate? http://bit.ly/EC-Benefits
3. How to Empathy Circle? http://bit.ly/EC-How
Questions: Email: EdwinRutsch@gmail.com