July 8, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
What IF…? Conversations About Technology & Democracy
How is technology enabling democracy and how is it hindering it?
Join us to explore this question in a series of three weekly small-group conversations. Together we’ll explore different ways that technology is intersecting with our democracy and with our democratic values. We’ll get into questions like:
- What are the impacts of technology on our personal lives? How is it impacting things like our sense of self-determination or our communications?
- What concerns do we have about artificial intelligence and the role it might play in our society?
- What principles should we consider when technology is used in different sectors of our democracy, such as in the justice system?
- How might we govern technology–especially as we consider its societal impacts and unintended consequences?
- What policies could we adopt with regard to technology to improve our democracy?
- Generous–we listen first and help build on each other’s ideas
- Bold–we help each other stretch our imaginations and expand our perspectives
- Fun–we are here to connect with one another in an enjoyable conversation, not an argument or debate
We focus on facilitated small-group conversations to help each other to imagine positive possibilities for the future.