October 20, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm EDT
Who are We the People–Who Is Being Pushed Out? 1/3
Who is democracy for? In this free, three-part discussion series, we will help each other explore the issue of who belongs as a full participant in American democracy – and who gets excluded. We’ll explore our questions and concerns about people who are excluded and we’ll discuss how we can respond to the forces that seek to exclude others from fully participating in our democracy.
The three interactive sessions are interrelated but independent of one another. We hope you will join them all, but it still works if you miss one. Just make sure to sign up for as many as you can on the registration page. The three sessions are described below.
1) October 20, 2023 (2pm-3:15pm ET): Who is being pushed out from our democracy? How and why is this happening?
- Who is included in our democracy–and what does it mean to be fully included in our democracy?
- Who’s being excluded – and how?
2) November 3, 2023 (2pm-3:15pm ET): How do we participate in our democracy? What makes it difficult for people to be free and equal members of our democracy?
- How might we expand our view of who is being excluded from our democracy?
- How do various forces exclude people and how does this affect our democracy?
3) November 17, 2023 (2pm-3:15pm ET): How do we create democracy for all?
- What is your vision of a democracy for all?
- How can we get there?
Please join us and tell your friends about these conversations. You can send them this link and invite them to register.
These small-group conversations will be facilitated by the Interactivity Foundation. The Interactivity Foundation is dedicated to fostering generous and highly participatory conversations where we can help each other consider diverse perspectives, think broadly and deeply about issues, and imagine alternative possibilities for the future.