September 26 @ 5:00 pm PDT
Afghanistan Withdrawal: Success or Failure?
While a huge percentage of the US population has strong feelings and opinions about the recent withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, the political lines for this particular issue are not nearly as clearly drawn as for most of the issues facing America today. There are people who are critical of Biden for the way he handled the withdrawal. Others feel that the evacuation was an unprecedented accomplishment, given the conditions.
What do YOU think?
• Should the withdrawal have been done differently?
• What *positive* outcomes were decision-makers attempting to produce by the withdrawal?
• Over the 20+ years of the war, is there any single decision that if undone would have made it more likely that we could produce those and other positive outcomes?
Have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
Looking for more information?
– Timeline of US Withdrawal from Afghanistan (https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/timeline-of-u-s-withdrawal-from-afghanistan/)
– Blinken defends Afghan withdrawal at testy U.S. congressional hearing (https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/afghanistan-blame-game-shifts-us-congress-blinken-testifies-2021-09-13/)
– Biden’s Afghanistan withdrawal could’ve gone so differently (https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/ncna1278163)
– A timeline: America’s war in Afghanistan since Sept. 11, 2001 (https://news.yahoo.com/timeline-americas-war-afghanistan-since-182734287.html)