June 12, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
Mass Shootings: Are We Taking the Wrong Approach?
With mass shootings once again at the top of the news, everyone has an idea for what can be done to prevent such tragic events from happening in the first place. You’ve probably seen suggestions such as offering gun safety training to the general public; increasing spending on crime prevention measures; physically reinforcing schools; extending red flag laws to more states; increasing the waiting period for gun purchases; boosting police forces – more options than can fit on a single page.
So what are your ideas?
Some questions to consider:
- What, if anything, do you think can be done to address mass shootings?
- What factors do you think contribute to the occurrence of mass shooting events?
- Where do you believe changes can have the most effect on this issue – at the personal level, at the federal level, at the local level?
- What role does society play versus the individual in reducing violent crime?
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
Please do your best to arrive at the beginning of the meeting – once we are in breakout rooms and the conversations have started, the meeting doors close to new arrivals. The breakout rooms open (and the doors close) approximately 15 minutes after the hour.
Sign up with the link or through a chapter near you:
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
• Instagram @crossingpartylines
• Twitter @crosspartylines
• Facebook @crossingpartylines