February 20, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST
Sex Education: Who, What, When, How?
Public schools in many states offer some form of sex education, but what it covers and when it’s given varies greatly. From abstinence to zygotes, elementary school to senior year of high school – there’s a wide range of how these programs are designed and delivered.
Many who support sex education in school feel children need to have a reliable source of information or else they face physical and emotional health risks attempting to answer questions on their own. Opponents feel that sex is a sensitive conversation that should not be had by individuals outside of the child’s family. Those in between may want moderation or restriction on certain topics.
In this meeting, we’ll discuss
• Is there value to having certain topics covered in a school environment?
• If you support some form of sex education in schools, what do you think should be included? (e.g. STI’s, pregnancy, anatomy, healthy and abusive relationships, etc.).
• Should sexual education programs be an “opt-in” or an “opt-out” for parents?
Join the Crossing Party Lines discussion and have a voice in our Nation’s Conversation! People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
Curious about your state?
– Sex Education Across the States | https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/sex-and-hiv-education
Sign up through the event link or at a chapter near you:
– Atlanta, GA: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-GA-Atlanta
– Austin, TX: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-TX-Austin
– Chicago, IL: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-IL-Chicago
– Columbus, OH: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-OH-Columbus
– Mesa, AZ: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-AZ-Mesa
– New York City: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-NY
– Portland, OR: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines
– Raleigh, NC: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-NC-Raleigh
– San Francisco Bay Area: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-CA-SanFrancisco
– Southern Oregon: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-OR-Medford
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
• Instagram @crossingpartylines
• Twitter @crosspartylines
• Facebook @crossingpartylines