April 25 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
WORKSHOP: Bringing Facts into Political Conversations
Most of us like to believe we base our political views on facts. Yet we don’t all have the same facts or trust the same sources. Too often political conversations devolve into my facts (or experts or news sources) against yours and none of the participants gets a chance to learn and grow.
In this workshop you will:
- Look at how and why our facts differ.
- Explore what gets in the way of identifying shared facts.
- Learn a new framework for talking about facts in a civil, respectful way.
- Break into pairs to explore facts related to a topic that matters to both of you.
Join a Crossing Party Lines workshop and learn the skills and concepts behind talking across party lines! The workshops are free and open to all. People of all views are welcomed, appreciated, and heard.
Sign up here or at a chapter near you:
– Atlanta, GA: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-GA-Atlanta
– Austin, TX: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-TX-Austin
– Chicago, IL: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-IL-Chicago
– Columbus, OH: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-OH-Columbus
– Mesa, AZ: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-AZ-Mesa
– New York City: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-NY
– Portland, OR: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines
– Raleigh, NC: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-NC-Raleigh
– San Francisco Bay Area: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-CA-SanFrancisco
– Southern Oregon: https://www.meetup.com/Crossing-Party-Lines-OR-Medford
We would love to hear your thoughts on our social media pages. Don’t miss topic announcements, updates, news! Follow us on:
• Instagram @crossingpartylines
• Twitter @crosspartylines
• Facebook @crossingpartylines